Range Mental Health Center is a Private, Not-For-Profit Health Care Organization and Rule 29 Mental Health Clinic.
The Range Mental Health Center (RMHC) was the first rural community mental health center in the United States and the first in Minnesota to provide services developed specifically for persons with serious and persistent mental illness. The Center was established in 1961 and was the 16th federally designated community mental health center in the nation, and the first in Minnesota. Mental health services are provided each year to over 7,000 adults, children, and families. The catchment area of RMHC covers northern St. Louis County including over 6,800 square miles. RMHC currently employs approximately 200 individuals who provide many services, including:
- Outpatient and psychiatric treatment
- Community support services
- Inpatient and outpatient addiction and detoxification services
- Homeless adult, chronic, and youth programs
- Housing services
- Assertive community treatment team
- Children’s community and school based mental health programs
- 16 bed intensive residential facility
- 8 bed community crisis stabilization unit
- And a mobile crisis team.
RMHC also owns the Perpich Apartments, a twenty-seven unit apartment building in Hibbing Minnesota, to provide adequate housing units for individuals with severe mental illness and chronic homelessness.
The Range Mental Health Center strives to be a leader in rural community based behavioral health by providing innovative integrated services.
The Range Mental Health Center is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing comprehensive integrated behavioral health care services to the citizens of northern Minnesota thereby helping people reach and maintain productive and dignified lives.
- We believe in exceeding the expectations of the people and communities we serve.
- We believe in each person’s ability to reach their highest level of independence.
- We believe that we need each other to deliver quality services.
- We believe in mutual respect for each consumer, employee, and services provided.
- We believe in accountability, integrity, and problem solving by all employees with flexibility and openness to change.
Board of Directors
- Patty Claesson, Education
- Larry Cuffe, Government/Law Enforcement
- Gayle Dibley, Health Care
- Edmund Draper, MD, Medical
- David Ekern, Business
- Pat Ives, Business
- Tom Krause, Law Enforcement
- Keith Harvey, Business/Financial
- Mark Muhich, Legal
- Shannon Plombon, Business
- Angie Rogers, Nursing/Education
- Kathleen Sulentich, MD, Medical
- The Honorable Donovan Frank, Associate Board Member
If you would like to be considered in serving as a Board member of RMHC, please complete the Board Member application form and mail it to RMHC / PO Box 1188 / Virginia, MN 55792 / Attn: Susan Predovich, Executive Assistant
RMHC Notice of Privacy Practices are available upon request